Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Google


Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Reggie Interview


This is an excerpt from a recent interview with Reggie Fils-Aime by GamePro magazine:

GamePro: Where would you say the Wii stands now? Did it meet your expectations or exceed them?

Fils-Aime: I'll be honest with you -- I'm blown away. We knew we would sell every piece of hardware put into the market, but we did not expect all the buzz and the advocacy...especially from non-gamers. I can't tell you how many people I have talked to or read about who played Wii Sports during the holidays and were suddenly surrounded by relatives who wanted to give it a shot. Everyone, from kids up to grandma and grandpa.

We knew Wii was a system for the masses, and yes, we were confident that was going to happen-but this fast? Personally, I'm just blown away.


You can find the rest of the interview here.