Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Google


Monday, November 13, 2006

Wii Sports= Really good!


The following is an excerpt of TIME Magazine’s report on the Nintendo Wii:

“Last Friday, Nintendo’s new $250 videogame console arrived and in spite of being an admitted non-gamer, I was giddy with anticipation. I actually caught myself dancing a little jig…I had presumed that it (Wii Sports) was merely an elaborate demonstration of the Wii Remote, which responds to natural motions rather than arcane button combinations. I discovered quickly that it might be the greatest videogame ever made.”

“The following night we hosted a dinner party. Though it was conceived without an inkling that the Wii would be in our midst, it became the official activity of the night. We designed hilarious avatars for each partygoer…By the end of the weekend, the little machine had hooked ten people of very different temperaments and interests…I was stunned by its universal appeal…My hope is that Nintendo continues to develop games like Wii Sports—it’s easy to dream up Wii versions of other activities, from fishing to snowmobiling.”

“It’s a shame that Zelda and other visual titles don’t get the high-definition treatment they deserve…I fear that some people might get real tennis elbow from Wii’s virtual Tennis, or even tear a rotator cuff when pitching in Wii’s Baseball..I encourage you to go out and get one…Just be careful, because Wii is physical"


Great news for Nintendo. Great news for video games in general. What do you guys think?

**Also- Be sure to check out our Official Forums section on the right hand side. Sign up today gamers! We look forward to hearing from you.

Labels: