Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Google


Wednesday, May 24, 2006


New Mario Impressions


Like many of you out there, I have recently been re-introduced to videogames first real recognizable mascot, Mario. The new Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo DS brings back so many fond memories of child hood past and bring forth what video games should be. Video games are a form of entertainment and with the recent edition of videogamers favorite plumber Mario, I am definitely entertained. I am only on world 6 so far, but I am having a blast with the game thus far. The game has provided so many moments of nostalgia and brought so many smiles to my face, I have found myself deliberately playing boards over and over again just so the experience wouldn't end.


My favorite power up of choice; fire Mario. The boards are brilliantly laid out with a hint of challenge and a thirst for exploration. Board design are top notch and you have to love the throwback "climb the pole to finsh the level" ending. This Mario title is a mix of old and new. Graphics wise, we get a full 3-d Mario, in a 2-d world with the end result being truly brilliant. Nice little subtle touches really add to the look of this game.

Overall I would have to say, this is what videogames are all about. I know this isn't the best mini-review out there, but it's Mario ladies and gentleman. I could go on and on but I really don't want to spoil the game. Nintendo at its finest. What world are you guys on?

Here is the official site for the game.